romantic relationship


                                            “Practice random beauty and senseless acts of love.”


In our romantic relationships, we can grow comfortable.

In the first six months to a year, it’s all excitement and an adrenaline rush at the mere fantasy of skin touching, but after two years you really do have to work to keep the romance.

Life can get a little routine and formulaic. You do certain things on certain nights of the week together or apart. The love is still there, but the accelerated heart rate, weak-at-knees sensation, and feeling that your heart might explode with passion have noticeably decreased.

I recently detected this happening in my own relationship, but I’ve decided to treat it as a milestone—a positive marker for the point at which we genuinely started to work to make our relationship work.

The moment our relationship developed from a clueless hormone-loaded teenager to a fully grown, responsible adult.

Scientifically speaking, it is supposed to be physically impossible to maintain that first intensity of feeling that is experienced at the beginning of the relationship, and I do agree that it’s not sustainable permanently.

If we spent our whole lives in that state we would probably find we got very little else done, and almost certainly couldn’t survive for the period of a lifetime before we died from an adrenaline overdose.

However, there is a difference between a relationship maturing with two individuals growing comfortable with each other; and no longer making the effort to do things that make your partner’s fingers tingle and heart swell.

Comments

Jigyasu Garg said…
When I first saw you, you took my breath away.
When you first talked to me, I couldn't think.
When you asked me out, I couldn't respond.
When you touched me, I got shivers all through my body.
And when we first kissed, I floated away in my dreams.

Popular posts from this blog

Forex Trading mAde eAsy...

VOIP (Voice Over IP)

What is Forex Trading ? – An Introduction to the World of Currency Trading